We ended up having a potluck (to which I brought delicious pumpkin muffins, if I may toot my own horn) and there was so much good food it was ridiculous. It was almost better than home, since my mom and dad seem to think K&W is a sufficient Thanksgiving dinner...(nothing like home cooking??)
Being far away from home on a holiday that's all about blessings and being thankful isn't always easy, but at the same time it really gives you a chance to reflect on the real meaning of the day. There are so many things in my life I have to give praise for:
My beautiful, loving students who cannot seem to stop hugging me
My fantastic family who puts up with static-y, often dropped Skype phone calls
My roommates here who do so much for helping me deal and cope with the frustrations of life in a different country
The opportunity to live in a country that has so much to offer me, and that is changing me in so many positive ways
True blue friends who do their best to check in every now and again ;)
A secure job and paycheck in these turbulent times
Running water and electricity 24/7
My teacher assistant, who helps me keep my sanity on those trying days
My health, especially since sometimes I'm not so sure about the sanitation around here...
YOU reading this and thinking of me and praying for me and sending me all around good vibes :)
etc, etc, etc
I hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving, and got to bask in the many blessings that are in your lives as well! :D
1 comment:
Miss you Lesa :) Hope I can see you sooooon!
Post a Comment