Yesterday we were making paper mache globes and one of my students stepped on someone else's globe, so I told him he couldn't make one. I wrote a note home in his assignment planner to is parents explaining why he was coming home empty handed. He was watching me write it and was getting really nervous, asking "What are you writing? Am I going to be in trouble?". I was writing in pencil, and after I told him what I wrote his follow up question was, "Can I erase it as soon as I get home?"
I would give him points for smartness, if he hadn't gone and asked that question
(I quickly rewrote it in pen)
In English class I was teaching about how to pluralize nouns, and in the middle of me talking I saw one girl's hand shoot up. I finished my sentence and then turned to her and said, "Yes Claudia, do you have a question about this?". Her response, "Can I play on the computer?"
I was dumbfounded. "You mean NOW?! In the middle of class?!?". She looked a little annoyed at my inability to understand and responded "Um, yes." That question was so far out of left field I didn't even know what to say! And she asked it so naturally, like "why wouldn't I want to play on the computer right now instead of listening to you talk??"
Needless to say, she got no computer time that day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment