Sunday, August 23, 2009

Here it comes...

Another year! New faces, new schedule, new material, new procedures. The school has really made a ton of changes, so even though I'm a veteran I don't feel confident at all with the new system they've got going on. I change classes all the time and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the new system (as far as I can see)!

I start with the younger kids tomorrow, but the 3rd graders I had last year started this past Thursday. I was completely surprised by how emotional I was about that! I've said before and I will say it until I'm blue in the face, those kids last year were my life. I would've left had they not been the most lovable, beautiful kids ever. And while I'm excited to meet the new kiddies for this year, I already miss dearly the ones from last year. Their new teachers were asking me about them, trying to get prepped for that first day, and I actually got choked up thinking about all my ex-students! We had a good thing going, and it's a little sad to think that they're moving on to other cool teachers. I want to be their favorite teacher forever!

But I know without a doubt I will fall just as much in love with this class (and hopefully they with me)!
So ready or not, here the new school year comessss!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

good luck lesa :) miss you!