This was my second experience with the police, and I left no more confident or reassured in the system than after the first time I went last year. The office itself was essentially a shack. From what I could tell there were maybe 2 men on duty? It was hard to tell because only one was wearing a uniform, and who I took to be the "chief" was wearing some sort of Abercrombie jersey...
The "lobby" (perhaps covered patio is the better word here?) was bare of everything except an old swivel chair without a back, a rough looking desk, and a fat old computer that didn't connect to the internet. The chief chastised me for having waited 2 days to report the mugging and made me cry, then diligently took down some of my information in his handy dandy notebook! Which should hopefully explain to you why I waited 2 days to report this. I went out of town that weekend and honestly I didn't feel that the police were going to be helpful enough to warrant canceling my (prepaid) trip to the mountains. Heck, he never even asked me to describe the man who mugged me! So I guess essentially the police are waiting until all my stuff is turned back in with everything intact and then I will get a call.
If only they had had a suggestion box on how to improve their services, I would've given them an earful...
No comments:
Post a Comment