I went to the post office Saturday to mail a letter to the United States. The woman told me it would cost 30 pesos. Perfect! I had 50 pesos, so that shouldn't have been too hard for her to find change for. Riiiiight??
I put the 50 down on the counter and she gawks at me. "But there is no change!"
Then it was my turn to gawk.
"No change? NO change? You mean to tell me that in this ENTIRE POST OFFICE BUILDING nobody has 20 pesos??"
That's when she became the most annoying broken record I've ever encountered. It was a stand-off.
"There's no change."
"Are you sure?"
"There's no change."
"There has to be SOME."
"There's no change."
ARGH!
There are some things about this country I will never be able to get used to.
But my happy conclusion? A stranger walking by had 20 pesos ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment