Saturday, August 16, 2008

the moment of truth will soon arrive...

Next Thursday is my first day of teaching. The make or break day. Am I ready?
That would be a big fat NO.
Partly because a large part of my training was in Spanish, so all those procedures and rules are (and most likely will remain) a mystery to me. What attendance policy? What discipline system? What code of conduct towards minors?
And I still don't know who my supervisor really is. Nor do I have all the books I'm supposed to teach from. And my schedule hasn't been given to me yet.
Disorganization down to the wire!

On the plus side I now have a bank account and debit card. So the (very very) important stuff is settled. One thing down!

I have begun to explore Santiago a bit more, so I am on my way to becoming a veritable Santiagian. I've sung karaoke (a big bar sport here), gone to the opening of a bar ("Rojjo", where everyone was told to wear green??), seen el monumento, eaten delicious Mexican and sushi (but not at the same sitting), and done a little bit of shopping (well I have to fit in!).
Plus, I AM GOING TO SEE AVENTURA PERFORM LIVE IN SANTIAGO! 2 WEEKS!

On a side note, the 80's seem to be in full swing down here. Ladies, get out your scrunchies! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lesa I'm so jealous you get to see Aventura live ! AHH! About teaching: you will be fine - when in doubt, just nod your head and say "si!" haha :) I know you'll be fine, though. Be sure to use those convo pieces I got for you. Thanks so much for my BDAY present - I love it and have been getting a kick out of all the random, funny things in there. Good luck on your first day - I'll think of you! From one teacher to another,

Holly