Thursday, January 29, 2009

MLK's original speech

So I taught my kids about Martin Luther King, and for their homework I asked them to finish the sentence "I have a dream that...". I told them to think BIG! Think of their dream for the WORLD, for EVERYBODY. I told them not to write "I have a dream that I will eat chocolate ice cream". After I explained it I asked, "Do you understand?" and they said "Yeeeeessss"

"I have a dream that the Jonas Brothers come to my school and give a concert"
"I have a dream that the milk talk"

No they did NOT understand!

The other day I went to my first hastily put up carnival in the DR and it actually turned out quite well (I'm alive for one)! The price was discounted 1/2, and that sort of bad business started the worrying. There were maybe 15-20 rides, and about half of them were closed because they weren't working. Bad sign #2. And some of the fun houses that were open should've been closed . If the most you can offer me is 3 uneven steps + 1 fat mirror, then you're too lame to be open. And a slide you can't slide on, even after greasing it up with bug spray before sending me down? Come on now. Considering the fact that safety didn't really seem to be a big priority at this place, I'm happy with my experience (and for making it out in 1 piece)!

Then I got to try paintball for the first time! Boy that game is intense. My favorite part was in the first 3 minutes of the game, when a rush of bravery compelled me to run and slide behind an obstacle, thus causing me to drop 150/200 of my paintballs. Awesome

Super Bowl Sunday coming up! I am looking forward to some high quality US commercials. (It's been too long!) :D

Hope all is well! Miss you! (Yes, you!)

No comments: