So 2 Saturdays ago (I know, I'm behind) we had Family Day. A day of raffles, food, volleyball tournaments, inflatable gyms, pony rides, and jail.
The bad news: I did not win anything.
The good news: I did not get put in jail!
The funny news: On all the shirts they printed for the teachers to wear while we worked the booths they spelled family "Famyly". So for our quick fix we all got pieces of tape to wear with the letter "i" written in permanent marker. Good enough solution for a shirt you were never planning on wearing again anyways...
It was held at this outdoor party area far out of town and luckily it was an absolutely gorgeous day. It was really nice just to see all the kids and their parents in a relaxed setting, outside of school, to remind everyone that we're all people with lives (really, it's true!). Of course, that isn't to say that I didn't have a couple parents forget that and think we were all there to have spontaneous parent-teacher meetings to discuss their child's progress...
And the cutest moment of the day was when one of my students told me he wanted to do the "Hopey Kopey".
"You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out. You do the Hopey Kopey and you turn yourself around..." he sang. I could've corrected him, but it was cuter his way ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment