I was called up onstage and they heralded me for my use of technology in the classroom and my ability to motivate and enthuse my classroom. I had no idea I did all that! For my reward I unfortunately did not get the giant lifesize bonus check I was crossing my fingers for. But I did get 2 shirts-dark blue and yellow- that they're going to allow me to wear to work! On one of which my name is spelled wrong. I also was given the liberty of picking 2 books of my choice out of a pile I like to refer to as the "We haven't sold any of these in our bookshop since 1998 so let's get rid of them" pile. I picked out "How to Teach your Kid to be Financially Successful" and "Who Took My Money?". That should tell you what kind of selection there was. And the titles should tell you what they will be used for (bookends).
But it's nice to get applauded for a job well done! Even if, as my teacher assistant immediately (and tactfully) pointed out, the yellow shirt is going to wash me out.
You'll have to wait and see what I get next time if I keep up this good quality teaching I've got going on!
No comments:
Post a Comment