Since we are currently reading the "3 Little Pigs", I had to think-now what can you do with that story to make it interesting and fun for not just a whole class of kids, but a whole school of kids?
Well you can sing a song, of course! :D
This young pig, built a house
Out of straw he built a house
But the wolf (huff puff) blew it away
This pig ran to brother's instead
My favorite part personally was the huffing and puffing they did to accompany the lyrics ;)
I had chosen 3 kids to dress up as pigs and 1 kid to dress up as a wolf. Simple costumes. A nose here, headband ears there, a colored shirt. I did not mean for, nor did I want, the parents to go out of their way in gathering together a costume for their kids to wear. But as you'll notice from the pictures, that did not happen. Tailors were called in, fittings were done, and the end product was...1 extremely hairy fully robed wolf, 2 cute little pigs, and 1 sheep?
Yeah, that costume was a mystery to me too
But they did great, and once more I successfully pulled off a performance as choir director ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment